Call IconClick to Call
The Sirover Agency, LLC

150 E Swedesford Road
Suite 204
Wayne, PA 19087

Mobile Map iconGet Directions

Request a Quote

Flood Insurance in Pennsylvania

When it comes to insurance, it's important to make sure you're covered for everything. However, getting the right Wayne, PA insurance policies can be tough. If you're not sure whether you need flood insurance for your home, here's what you need to know.

Home Insurance vs. Flood Insurance

If you own a home, chances are you have home insurance. As a matter of fact, you're generally required to have home insurance until you pay off your mortgage. However, what you might not know is that there are exclusions in your home insurance that you might need to cover up with other policies.

The two types of coverage that aren't included with home insurance are flood and earthquake insurance. If you live in a part of Pennsylvania where your home is at high risk for flooding, you should carry flood insurance. This provides the protection your home needs when your standard home insurance policy wouldn't cover the damage.

Is Flood Insurance Required?

For the most part, it's up to you whether you carry flood insurance. However, it's important to understand that certain parts of the state are more susceptible to flooding. If you live in one of these areas, it's a good idea to have flood insurance.

Depending on where you live in Philadelphia, you may be required by your mortgage company to carry flood insurance. You can find maps of high-risk flood areas that show where flood insurance is likely to be required. If you are in one of these areas, you should make sure you're complying with any regulations your lending bank sets forth.

Making sure you have the right type of insurance is important, especially when it comes to your home. If you want to make sure your Wayne, PA home is always protected from floods, contact The Sirover Agency LLC today to find out more about flood insurance.