What Commercial Insurance Does an Online Business Need to Have?

If you have an online business in Wayne, PA, or somewhere around the Tri-State area, you may be wondering what kind of insurance you need.

Just like every other business, online businesses do have liabilities. You want to protect the business from claims of bodily injury, property damage, and lawsuits to succeed and grow. There are several liabilities an online business can acquire. If you aren’t sure which insurance your business needs, an agent at The Sirover Agency, LLC can also help you.

  • Data Breach Insurance: Your online business can be hacked, and customer data can be stolen. Data breach insurance can help cover the costs associated with a data breach.
  • General Liability: Someone may file a lawsuit about something you post on social media platforms or websites. A general liability policy will help protect a business from any advertising or personal injury claims. This insurance policy can also cover legal fees and damages, so it’s crucial for any business regardless of the industry. Even if you run a home-based business, liability insurance will still protect you because home insurance won’t cover any business damages or losses.
  • Workers Compensation: Just because your business is online doesn’t mean you don’t need this insurance if you have more than one employee, even if they are part-time employees. If you do, you are required to have this insurance to cover workers’ injuries on the job.
  • Property Insurance: If you sell products, your products will need to be housed somewhere, and property insurance can protect your inventory along with other items. Home insurance won’t cover any products that are stored at your home, and you will need separate property insurance if your inventory is in your home.

Contact The Sirover Agency, LLC, serving Wayne, PA to get a quote on commercial insurance.